Thursday, 21 March 2013

Winning A Fashion Show

This semester has been my most active period in college. I have been going to the campus everyday. That may not be a shocker to university going students all across the globe, but for people who know me this is a shocker. Our university is like a bohemian city inside the city. Attendance is not very strict here (70% minimum I think it is), but I have a reputation of being one of the most carefree(careless?) bunkers in my university. Anyhow this semester we have our film making course and I have been going everyday for the shooting and then editing. Among this crazy schedule was about to to happen our college fest which in itself wouldn't have been a big deal and I would have happily not gone because I am a happy woman spending endless hours in the editing room. But then my friends said they wanted me to participate in the fashion show along with them. I readily agreed and endless phone calls and emails and hurried meetings(on my part, they met up and practiced their choreography everyday) later we were finally ready to walk the stage.
!And We Won!
The judge (Parambrata Chatterjee) said we reminded him of his childhood. The theme of the competition was "100 years of Indian Cinema" and we did a tribute to Bengali classic and cult films. Yours truly did all the make-up and the entire look for Ranjana of "Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbona"(2011). The other films we chose were, "Jalsaghar"(1958), "Meghe Dhaka Tara"(1960), "Charulata"(1964), "Sagina Mahato"(1970), "Calcutta 71"(1972), "Paromitar Ek Din"(2000) and "Chokher Bali"(2003). If you love cinema then you are welcome to watch all these films (even if with subtitles).










spot me in the last 2 photos and you get an imaginary slice of cake

29 comments:

  1. a, loving girl #3 (specs) she has been styled perfectly with her bee sting lips look :)

    and yeah i can spot ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the costumes look awesome! That guy with the pipe carries himself quite well, I must say! ;)

    And am SO happy that you guys won! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love khoob shondor...thank you for sharing this and the names of the movies...spotted you in the photos...now can we go to flurys together? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, congo on the win. and the girls are really beautiful in ethnic wear !
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog .
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super congratulations Debi! That is so awesome! I see you peeping. HaHa Keep up the great work doll. Everyone looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to come to Calcutta! What a stylish group especially the guy with the waistcoat and pipe! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulationsssssss :)
    write more abt the film making n editing of urs... sounds so interesting.
    cheers!
    kunj
    kohllined.blogspot.com
    p.s have u participated in my march giveaway yet?
    http://kohllined.blogspot.in/2013/03/idrc-eac9490-classrafl-hrefhttpwww.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Conrats dear... I must say you have all the pretty girls in your team.... and hats off to designers for making them look even more beautiful...
    and yes... I can sopt you.... :)

    EastGrad Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!thanks!and we(me and my 2 other friends)selected the costumes and styled them..and i did all their make-up...there were no designers as such..:)

      Delete
  9. Fabulous to be able to see what is like on your world, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Congratulations!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Debi!
    Lovely costumes, of course I spotted you in the last two photos.
    You look super cute!!!!
    I'm one of those students who go everyday to uni.
    xxx
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!!
    how great!!
    seems like you had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, CONGRATS! :D

    http://drownedinfashiondreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so good to be able to be involved and do all that! I love leading an active university life.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  14. congraaaaats debi!

    That is so cool. Love the makeup and the outfits. I think your theme was pretty amazing too because we had to write an essay on the same this semester :D

    Loved it, you deserved to win!

    <3
    Sonshu
    www.thesonshu.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sure it must be a great feeling..looks great <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for your lovely comment:)!!
    wish u a nice sunday

    ReplyDelete
  17. You people are really a class apart! The fashion shows these unimaginative people had in our engineering colleges had themes like Angelz and DemonZ...you know the flow:D

    Super love.

    http://shubhisrevels.blogspot.in/2013/03/lost-in-paper-boat.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!thanks!
      the rest of the teams did bollywood films only..we were the only once who chose bengali films.. :)

      Delete
  18. Congrats Debi! Already checked all pics in FB! SO much fun, no? :)

    Love,

    Bong's Belleza

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Debi! Amazing!!
    Alessia
    THE CHILI COOL
    FACEBOOK
    Video outfit YOUTUBE
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  20. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    i love what everyone is wearing
    soo gorgeous and rich in colours
    www.lamodemm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos :) Everyone looks amazing.

    LOVE BO,
    PurePreciousPerfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahah)))) this post made my day)))

    it's so funny and insprational to look at your photos from gloomy Moscow)

    http://www.dariaburkova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bengali cinema awesomely recreated...I especially love the Chokher Bali look...so perfect.. totally love your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!
if you like my blog you can follow me
leave your blog link if you have one.