Saturday, 8 October 2011

It takes time

The title is not supposed to be cryptic at all. Durga Puja is over and I have had a few days of fun; I have binged and I have walked (the cabs were useful too only when they weren't demanding 30 or 80 bucks in addition to whatever the meter charged!) around hopping from the pandals I wanted to see to restaurants to my friend's house where I crashed for a night. I feel like I have been sleeping since then. I need to catch up with everyones' blog.
I haven't yet sorted through all the photos I have taken. But here are a few shots from the 1st(i.e,Shasthi; the days are actually numbered from Mahalaya which is taken as day 1; shasthi is the 6th day, the day the actual rituals basically start from) day out. I have realised how shaky the photos come out when I have to hold the camera. I would die (well not literally) for a dslr.

I got another haircut.this time from the salon.there are no outfits in this post but I will put 1 up shortly.

pandals are best seen after dark because they come alive with all the beautiful lights then. plus=> see the crowd?

decorations in the same pandal

blurry but a glimpse of the Durga idol there along with Lakshmi and Ganesha on the left. photo c/o RB

a glimpse of Saraswati on the right; couldn't get Karthik on the extreme right.too much crowd. photo c/o RB
decor details

the bag I carried throughout the few days. Quilt and Stud Cross Body bag from Accessorize.com

ended the night with a glass(two)..(& a half)..of wine.this is not something I do usually.But hey there's got to be a perk of being 21!
P.S-This is the best pandal of the day and the only one I took photos of, not the only one I saw.

Hope you are all fine and having a great time!


4 comments:

  1. Aaah I just randomly stumbled upon this post and you have made me yearn for Calcutta and puchkas...although you said nothing about puchkas...soooooo funn to have found your blog.

    http://iloveagudbargain.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh i haven't had phuchka in a while..so glad you found me!

      Delete
  2. I think this is somewhere in Saltlake? AK block or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah..this is the bosepukur puja last year!

      Delete

thanks for commenting!
if you like my blog you can follow me
leave your blog link if you have one.